JioFi username and password is the set of credentials you need to access the admin panel of the JioFi. This is a must to remember thing as you need it to change your Wi-Fi name and password. Spare the confusion as both of these are different name and passwords. One is to access the settings page of JioFi while other is to connect to the Wi-Fi that JioFi provides.
Now it is very important to change your JioFi username and password, as anyone connected to your Wi-fi can access the admin panel through jiofi.local.html. Once there, he can change the Wi-fi name and password from there, leaving you out of the network. Then you will have no choice other than resetting your JioFi to gain access to it again. Dont worry, in this article we will tell you how you can change JioFi username and password.
Steps to Change JioFi username and password
To change your JioFi default username and password, you need to follow the steps below in exact order as they are specified.When you have completed them, you would have successfully changed your JioFi username and password.
- First you need to connect to your JioFi.
- Once connected, Open any browser in your smatphone or laptop/pc.
- Then type jiofi.local.html there and hit enter. Or you can just click on the button below.
- Now you are on the status screen of your JioFi, where you can see all the different parameters realated to your connection.
- Look on the top-right corner. You will find Login button there. Click on it.
- You will get a pop-up asking you to enter your username and password.
- Enter the default username and password of your jiofi. If you don’t know what they are, Click here.
- While loading the new page, you will get a notification to change your default username and password. Click on Ok. You will be redirected to the page where you can change your Jiofi username and password.
- If you did not got any notification, Go to User Management column.
- Click on Account Management.
- There you can enter the new password for your JioFi admin login. If you want you can change username also, but that’s really not necessary.
- After you type your new password in both columns, Hit Save.
- This will save your settings and you will be logged out.
- Now Login again with your new jiofi username and password to make sure the settings got saved.
With this you have successfully changed the username and password of your JioFi.
This guide to change Jiofi username and password is an effort to make your JioFi connection most secure. One should never share this username and password with anyone as it gives access to the core JioFi settings panel. That can be very dangerous as your network can be easily hacked from there. Moreover one can know your wifi password from there and connect to your wifi. This in turn will decrease the speed of the Wi-Fi as more users are now using the Wifi.Hope this guide helped you, if you have any doubts feel free to comment below. Thanks for coming.