After the success of JIO sim, Jio launched a lot of products to provide people with more options. Jio wants to take over every person that uses the internet. Jio launched JioFi which was a portable hotspot. You can use internet with it anywhere anytime. But Jio still missed on the dongle market. So they launched Jio Dongle, which is a USB stick and you can insert a Jio sim in it then plug it in your laptop or pc to enjoy the internet.
If you are the owner of Jio Dongle and want to know how to set it up for the first time, then continue reading this article. JioDongle.local.html is the address from where you can access the admin panel of Jio Dongle to change the settings of the device. Let’s dive deep and find out how.
What is JioDongle.local.html?
JioDongle.local.html is the address visiting which you can access the settings the JioDongle. There you can change SSID, password, WiFi network name, IP QoS, DNS, Proxy, LAN, WAN, network management, security options, WLAN settings, PPPoE, MAC, WPS, DSL, and DHCP client of the JioDongle. You can access it by clicking the button below.
Setting up JioDongle for the first time
- Once you have unboxed your Jio Dongle, insert the sim that came with it.
- Then power it up by using the adapter that came in box.
- Once the you light beside 4G and Wifi on Jio Dongle, you are ready to connect to it.
- Get you JioDongle box and on the back of it, you will find the default username and password of your Jio Dongle.
- Find the name in your available wifi devices and connect to it using the password you found on the box.
- After you have successfully connected to it, follow the next steps to change the username and password of your JioDongle.
How to access JioDongle.local.html?
To access JioDongle.local.html for the first time, you first need to connect to the Jio Dongle. Follow the steps below in the exact order as written.
How to change the username and password of JioDongle?
- Open the browser and enter the URL- jiodongle.local.html in the address bar of the browser.
Or Click the button below
- You will see all the information about your Jio Dongle here. But you can not edit this info yet.
- Now on the top-right corner, you will find a Login button. Click on it.
- A login box will pop up and ask you to fill in the username and the password. Enter “administrator” in both the blanks.
- Here you can see a new panel has opened where you can see and change all the different settings of Jio Dongle.
- Look for the option of setting change and then go-to Settings tab from there.
- From here you can change the SSID of the router that in the name of the Wi-Fi.
- To change the default password. Scroll down and change type your password in the Network key.
- After everything is done scroll down and hit Apply. A pop-up will appear confirming to apply the changes. Press OK.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and your router will restart.
- You will be disconnected from the network as you changed the name of the network.
- Connect to the new wifi network(New name that you set) using your new password.
JioDongle.local.html is the address to manage Jio Dongle. Jio dongle is great and very handy to carry. It works great and offers great features. You can connect upto 10 devices with it. The plug and play functionality is super for hassle free connection. If you still have some queries do ask them via contact us form on top of the page. Thanks for coming.